WHATSAPP FLAWS



Reading my notes yesterday about Software development plus Human Computer Interaction and I saw where it was stated that the user of any product right must be protected by the developer. If what I read from my note is true then WhatsApp has a flaw.  Wait i will explain myself. 

Firstly, an administrator of any group can add me to their group with or without my approval. If Facebook and other social network can do it to seek my approval before joining a group then i think WhatsApp needs one also.

Secondly; my flat mate and i were in the same group from our school, someone send in a bad message and he was not happy about it. He left the group and every member of the group got a notification that he left. This is my decision, it shouldn’t be broadcasted. Joining and leaving a group should be personal and not public. Why should all other members knows i left, for them to cast me or what?. This is outrageous and needs attention of the developers. 

Furthermore, the issue of the notification should be corrected. I have some groups on my phone and i can't leave because it was created by my personal person; I mean my close pal, Leaving such group might create a grudges or some sorts of doubts between us which am not ready to see. I had to mute the group and if I have important messages i had to scroll through 34 or so many numbers of unread messages from high numbers of chat. I should have the options of muting a group forever and no more notification of whatever from it. 

Being disturb by the beeps of the phone distract me a lot and i have to use this because my school groups, works and some religious group send in good message. The option for me to mute some forever or exit any group without notifying the entire member should be given by the developer. There are rounds of messages going around now that if you see a group likes this or this on WhatsApp doesn’t join. Do I have an option? The Administrator of such group who has my number or get it somewhere else unknowingly to me will add me and the government will start thinking am an ISIS member even if am just there as a spectator. 

I don’t think WhatsApp is still a prototype; its functionality on user's right should have been considered if not at the beginning, at least now. For the security of us all WhatsApp needs to fix his Flaws. 

RANCHO © 2017.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google and Skype could be hit by India data curbs

What is software

What China stealth plane response reveals about US